The Pandemic has hit many businesses hard, but none quite like that of the food & beverage industry. Several restaurants and bars had to shut down as many as 3-4 times in the last year, and a handful have closed permanently, including Chuck E. Cheese’s on Prospect, which has been a staple in this town for over 30 years. In honor of our zeal for casual eats and fine dining, we wanted to give some love to a few of our favorite spots over the years. Here’s our picks for the top 10 local eateries in FoCo.
1. JAWS SUSHI – Located in the heart of Campus West on Elizabeth, JAWS is hands down our favorite sushi spot in town. We usually start with the miso soup, seaweed salad & yellowtail collar. It’s hard to beat their specialty rolls, and if you like spicy, you’ve got to try the Electric Sasquatch Catfish Roll! Check our their website here.
2. MUSIC CITY HOT CHICKEN – Located in the plaza on the Southwest corner of College and Prospect, this delicious restaurant has been making waves since they opened. With incredible signature cocktails to pair, we just can’t get enough of their Nashville hot tenders with extra pickles on the side! And if their side of the day includes pasta, it’s a no brainer. Check out their website here.
3. CHOICE CITY BUTCHER & DELI – Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, you just can’t go wrong with this tasty eatery, located on West Olive St. in Old Town. Their green chili and benedict options are some of the best in town, as are their signature sandwiches and burgers. We highly recommend the Reuben, and don’t forget to pick up a few New York Strip or Ribeye steaks before cashing out! Check out their website here.
4. LUPITA’S MEXICAN RESTAURANT – A long time family favorite located West of City Park, this is the perfect place to satisfy all your Mexican cravings. Some of our go-to’s include the Huevos Rancheros, tacos, chili rellenos, and of course their famous breakfast burritos.
5. GELATO & AMORE – Tucked into the same little City Park plaza as Lupita’s, this express gelato and Italian storefront offers a wide array of scrumptious options. While their website says they are currently closed for renovations, you can still order take out from their “Ghost Kitchen.” A few of the must try’s include the Mediterranean Pizza, the Meatball & Muffuletta sandwiches, and of course, the Lasagna. Check out their website here.
Photo by Derek Duran on Unsplash
Photo by Rebeca G Sendroiu on Unsplash
6. OBEE’S – If you love sandwiches as much as we do, then you have to try Obee’s subs! Located in the plaza on the Southeast side of Lemay & Prospect. Everything here is made with fresh, quality ingredients, and is oh so yummy. A few of our favorites include the Spicybird and the French Dip, and don’t forget to add a cup of their delicious Broccoli Cheddar soup and a frosted sugar cookie from Eileen’s cookies! Check out their website here.
7. CAFÉ DE BANGKOK – Located across from JAWS sushi in Campus West, this Thai food paradise is one of the most authentic we’ve ever tried. Of course there are always the basics, Chicken or Shrimp Pad Thai, Crab Rangoon & Drunken Noodles. But if you’re looking for something a little more regional, try the Northern Style Curry Noodle (Kao Soi), the Central Thai style Papaya Salad, or my personal favorite, the Massaman Curry. Check out their website here.
8. RISE! A BREAKFAST PLACE – If you’re craving a lip smacking breakfast, don’t miss this little gem, located in the Southwest plaza of Drake & Lemay near Sprouts supermarket. Their fritattas are out of this world, as is the Hazel Dell Mushroom Hash, and the Veggie benedict is the perfect option for those going meatless. Check out their website here.
9. SAIGON GRILL – Just across from campus on College Avenue, next to Nick’s Italian, this casual Asian eatery offers a wide variety of affordable items, and very generous portions. Try one of their amazing lunch specials, such as the Mongolian Beef or Cashew Chicken, or a combo noodle bowl. They also serve Pho! Check out their website here.
10. ROCKY MOUNTAIN BAGEL WORKS – Yet another favorite in the Campus West area, this local bagel shop is the place to go if you’re hankering for those carbs. If you’re in the mood for spicy, we highly recommend the Spice Girl on the Green Chili bagel. Other favorites include the Italian and the Pepperoni Pizza bagel. Check out their website here.
Most of these restaurants are open for carry-out and delivery, and some are open for dine-in services, but be sure to check with them before expecting a seat inside. We are proud to be a part of this vibrant Fort Collins community and our hope is that you will continue to support these incredible restaurants through this difficult time, and together we will come out stronger than ever before.